fbpx Rights as a Pedestrian Hit by a Car | Auto Accident Lawyer Tulsa


Blog of Charles Bryan Alred

What Rights Do I Have as a Pedestrian Hit by a Car?

Posted on May 27, 2016

Pedestrian injuries are all too common. Indeed, while pedestrians often have the right of way, this does not stop from cars taking negligent actions, leading to catastrophic injuries. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, it is important you take action to ensure that you are able to recover due compensation.

What if I am Injured by A Motor Vehicle?

When a driver is negligent and you are injured, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, or lost wages. If you are hit and injured by a car, make sure to copy down the driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information. If your injuries are severe and you are unable to retrieve any information, ask for a copy of the police report after your injuries have healed. The police report will contain all of the personal information you need. Make sure to seek medical care. You will need to provide both the police report and medical bills as evidence later.

If the driver who hit you was negligent, this means that he or she failed to drive safely and responsibly. Common mistakes negligent drivers make include:

  • Car equipment failure (brakes, tires, headlights, etc.);
  • Distractions such as cell phone usage and texting, eating, putting on makeup, and listening to music;
  • Failing to obey the posted speed limit;
  • Failure to yield to a pedestrian; and/or
  • Intoxication.

Drivers have a duty to drive safely and lawfully. If traffic laws do not apply, the driver has the responsibility to act reasonably and prudently under the circumstances. Failure to do this is negligence, and you deserve to be compensated for your injuries.

Compensation for Your Injuries

Charles Bryan Alred believes that all victims of negligence have the right to seek justice and fair compensation for their suffering or loss. If you or a loved one has a potential claim that you would like to discuss with an experienced attorney, please contact us. Charles Bryan Alred can evaluate your case and consult you on your legal options. There is no charge for a consultation and you will never pay fees until he successfully resolve your claim.
Tulsa residents, if you have sustained serious injuries, and you were recently involved in a car accident consult with an experienced Oklahoma personal injury lawyer to learn about compensation you may deserve. Call the office of Charles Bryan Alred, P.C. at 918-745-9960, or a fill out contact for a free initial consultation. He will fight to get you maximum compensation for your losses.