fbpx Should I Get a Lawyer If I Have a Dui in Tulsa? | DUI Lawyer Tulsa


Blog of Charles Bryan Alred

Should I Get a Lawyer If I Have a DUI in Tulsa?

Posted on May 12, 2016

Oklahoma has implemented very strict laws for people who drive drunk. Realistically, feeling drunk varies per individual. However, the state of Oklahoma says if you have a blood alcohol content of 0.8 or higher, then you are legally intoxicated. Refusing to take a breathalyzer test or chemical test in Oklahoma will land you an automatic six-month suspension on your license. On the other hand, if you are found with a blood alcohol content over .0.8, the consequences will include an automatic one-year suspension on your license, ten days in jail, a $1,000 fine, and a seat in a weekly alcohol-counseling course—which can be expensive. If you are a second time offender, your punishment will be much more severe including a felony conviction, and up to five years jail time. When you drink and drive in Oklahoma, you risk your freedom and your finances.

If you are facing DUI charges in Oklahoma, seek help from an experienced DUI lawyer. Unlike other traffic-related charges, which may be easier to fight without a lawyer, a DUI conviction has serious backlash, and more often than not, judges will seek the maximum penalty for your sentence, or expect you to pay the maximum amount in fines—expect no leniency—especially if another person was injured. To avoid or reduce the consequences, find a lawyer who is knowledgeable about new Oklahoma DUI laws.

Finding the Right Lawyer in Tulsa

Trusting the right personal injury lawyer to handle your case might be a new experience for many people. When choosing a lawyer, you should look for a firm that has experience handling cases similar to yours. Attorney Charles Bryan Alred, P.C. has the experience needed to handle difficult DUI cases, and the knowledge to get you the minimum sentence.
If you have been charged with a DUI, consult with an experienced Oklahoma DUI lawyer to learn about your possible options for a reduced sentence. Call the office of Charles Bryan Alred, P.C. at 918-745-9960, or a fill out the online contact form for a free initial consultation. He will fight for your freedom.